Kiwi Discovery: Milford Sound Coach-Cruise-Coach
Milford Sound is the jewel in the crown of New Zealand's Fiordland National Park and the Te Wai Pounamu World Heritage Site. Carved by a glacier over millions of years, the mountains of the fiord rise up thousands of feet from the ocean, glittering with waterfalls and shrouded in ancient rainforest
Departing Queenstown your journey takes you on a scenic drive south between the Remarkables mountain range and lake Wakatipu. Travelling on through Northern Southland farmland we arrive at Te Anau perched on the shore of New Zealand's second biggest lake where we break for a short stop to buy food and drinks.
From Te Anau we begin to enter Fiordland National Park on the stunningly scenic Milford Road. Take in the grandeur of the untouched wilderness that surrounds you on all sides; rugged mountains, hanging glaciers, ancient mossy rainforest, punctuated by crystal clear streams and lakes. Sit back and relax as your driver points out the sights and provides light commentary, we are in no hurry on this leg of the trip making plenty of photo stops, being sure you have time to take it all in.
Arriving in Milford Sound it's time to board the cruise vessel and get up close and personal with the wonders of the fiord. Cruising the full length of Milford Sound at a leisurely pace, informative commentary ensures you don't miss any of the highlights. Take in the beauty of the waterfalls, and towering peaks, keeping your camera at the ready to capture some of Milford's amazing and rare wildlife. Penguins, Dolphins, Seals and a variety of birdlife call Milford Sound home so keep your eyes peeled for that once in a lifetime photo opportunity!
Day Trip Includes:
- Luxury Air Conditioned Coach with extra legroom, reclining seats, large windows and glass roof for fantastic viewing.
- Numerous photo stops at the best places along the "Milford Road".
- 2 hour nature cruise of Milford Sound onboard a small and personal Mitre Peak Boat
- 2 DVD Screens - watch a movie on the way back to Queenstown.
What to bring:
- Sensible Footwear recommended for photo stops and cruise
- Clothing for changing weather conditions, including waterproof jacket & warmer layers
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, & insect repellent
- Cash for snacks & drinks
- Camera and/or video camera.
- i-pod/ mp3 player or a book for the journey home.
Price: Adult $175pp / Children (5-15yrs) $120pp
Departure: Queenstown daily at 6:45 am in summer (Oct-April), and 7am in winter (May-Sept).
Check-in/ Pick-up: Trips depart from Kiwi Discovery 37 Camp St, or by arrangement from your central Queenstown Accommodation. If you would like to be picked up please name your accommodation on the booking form.
Please check back to this page for Discount Deals and Specials as they aren't always available on the Bookme home page :-)