Queenstown Rafting - Kawarau River
An exhilarating rafting trip providing the perfect introduction for first time rafters with plenty of white water action over four rapids on the Kawarau River. Between rapids there are fantastic scenic stretches of river allowing time to relax and take in the stunning surrounds, including a unique perspective of the worlds first commercial bungy site as we travel below the Kawarau Bungy Bridge.
The stunning natural beauty of the Kawarau River saw it star as the River Anduin in The Lord of The Rings movie epic, and is sure to impress. The magnificence of the canyons will give Lord of the Rings fans the sensation they are paddling through the heart of Middle Earth.
This fantastic journey through the beauty of New Zealand's highest volume commercially rafted river is topped of with the excitement of NZ's longest commercially run rapid.
The 400m long Dog Leg rapid provides an exhilarating and unforgettable finish to your adventure.
After your rafting trip there is time to relax enjoy a hot shower, sauna and a snack before returning to Queenstown.
Trip Package Includes:
- Transfer from downtown Queenstown to rafting base
- Full wetsuit rafting clothing (including booties) and safety equipment
- Transfer to Gibbston Valley via Arrowtown
- Extensive safety briefing
- Rafting on the Kawarau River
- Hot showers and sauna
- Transfer/ return travel to Queenstown downtown
What you need to bring:
- Swimsuit & towel
- Money for snacks & photos
It is advisable to leave valuables at home including cameras. Professional photo service & waterproof disposable cameras available for sale on site.
Duration: ½ day approximately 4.5 hours
Departures: Summer - 8:15am & 1:15pm / Winter 8:15am & 1:00pm
Check-in: Please check-in at Queenstown Rafting Shop, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown, 5 minutes before your departure time.
- Minimum age 13 years
- Minimum weight 40kgs (88lb)
- Minimum booking numbers apply for trip confirmation
- Under 18s guardian conditions Apply
- Clients must be water confident
- 'No shows' or cancellations within 24 hours of departure are non-refundable
Also check out Queenstown Rafting on the Shotover River
White water rafting is great on rainy days as you are going to get wet anyway!