Get ready for the thrill of a lifetime with New Zealand's world famous Shotover Jet - the ultimate jet boat experience!
Feel your adrenalin surge as you accelerate into the towering Shotover River Canyons. Your expert driver takes you skimming through the shallows in mere centimeters of water, blasting past the canyon walls, rocky outcrops and boulders. Everything blurs into your periphery as the specially designed 'Big Red' Jet Boat reaches speeds of up to 85kmph.
Hold on tight and prepare yourself as the signal is given for the famous Shotover Jet 360° spin, watch as the scenery fully rotates around you, sending a spray of whitewater sparkling across the rivers surface. Without losing momentum the Jet Boat has successfully spun within it's own length and continued on its exhilarating course.
The only company permitted to operate in the spectacular Shotover River Canyons, Shotover Jet has thrilled over 3 million people since 1970.
Incorporating amazing scenery with a high dose of adrenalin and adventure, Shotover Jet is for many the highlight of their Queenstown experience and a thrill you won't forget.
- Adult (16+) - $129pp
- Child (5-15years)- $69pp (minimum child height of 1 metre applies)
- 25 minutes on the water
- Complimentary shuttle departing from the Station Building - Corner of Camp & Shotover St.
- Life Jacket (mandatory) and optional splash coat.
- On site facilities include: plenty of parking, retail shop, café, toilets, lockers for your belongings and viewing areas.
Please dress for the conditions on the day:
- Eyewear recommended year round
- Winter: Warm hat, wind proof warm jacket, & gloves are recommended
Duration: Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes round trip from central Queenstown
Courtesy coach check-in: If you are catching the courtesy coach from Queenstown, please meet inside the 'Station Building' located on the corner of Shotover and Camp Streets 15 minutes prior to your trip time.
River Base Check-in: If you are making your way to Shotover Jet's river base using your own transport, please be there ready for your departure time. The river base is located on Gorge Road, Arthur's Point and is just a short 10 minute drive from Queenstown.
- For safety reasons cameras and video cameras are not permitted aboard
- Professional photo & video packs available for purchase on site immediately after your trip
- Should river conditions on the day dictate, Shotover Jet does reserve the right to extend the minimum child height to 1.2 metres to ensure maximum passenger safety
Please note: Due to high demand for Shotover Jet, exact trips times will be confirmed with you via email by Shotover Jet. Trips run every 15 minutes so if your exact time selection isn't available, you will be scheduled to the next available trip.