Snowshoeing Discovery - Half Day Tour
Experience Snowshoeing in Queenstown's fantastic alpine environment with this fantastic fully guided walking expedition.
With Snowshoes you can walk across unbroken snow freely without sinking in to your waist. This allows us to take you way off the beaten track exploring spectacular New Zealand backcountry away from the crowds in the pure peace and serenity of the alpine wilderness.
If you can walk you can snowshoe so it's the perfect way for non-skiers to get up in a pristine alpine environment well away from the crowds and bustle of the ski fields.
- Adult NZ$ 140
- Child NZ$ 105
Duration: 4-5 hours (approx)
Walking Time: 2-3 hours (optional)
Walking Distance: 3-4kms (moderate)
Departures: 8.00am & 1:30pm
Pick up: We pick up from all Queenstown accommodations
(please nominate your accommodation for pick up on your booking form as you proceed to checkout)
Highlights: Spectacular snow-capped mountain and lake views and playing in the snow.
You need to bring
- Sensible warm footwear
- SUNGLASSES, a warm/sun hat & sun-block
- Wet/wind/warm clothing for changeable weather
- Small daypack
*A reasonable level of fitness will ensure an enjoyable walk
What we provide:
- All transport to and from your Queenstown accommodation
- Snow Shoes & Poles
- Snacks including tea, coffee and cookies
- Cheerful, Friendly and knowledgeable local guides
- Interpretative commentary of snow analysis, history and geology