Rafting New Zealand - Tongariro Whitewater
Tongariro White Water Adventure ex Turangi
(Transport from Taupo Available)
Join Rafting New Zealand for the ultimate kiwi whitewater experience, taking on over 50 exhilarating rapids on the pristine Grade 3 Tongariro River. You'll raft 14km through spectacular scenery, stopping ¾'s of the way to explore the hidden Puketarata Waterfall, (Optional & weather permitting). You'll enjoy on river hot chocolate and snacks whilst floating through the Rangipo pool and when you arrive back to our base we have hot showers waiting. Enjoy our legendary 'Hot Dog' (Vegetarian Option available) with a cold NZ beverage whilst viewing your trip photo's. This is Aotearoa's best half day rafting trip. So book now to secure your seat!
Trips departing Turangi:
9am and 2pm in Summer and 12pm in Winter
Transport pick up from Taupo by arrangement 1pm for the 2pm trip (conditions apply)
Duration: Allow 4 hours with upto 2.5 hours on the river
- An epic 2 hour plus of Grade 3 rafting on the famous Tongariro river with a professional, experienced, and fun kiwi river guide.
- All rafting equipment including safety gear and up to date, top quality river apparel.
- On river hot chocolate and snacks.
- Transport from accommodation if required. (Conditions apply)
- Spacious changing facilities, clean toilets and hot solar powered showers.
- A delicious river dog. Frankfurter, fresh roll, balsamic onions and a choice of sauces.
- A Cold refreshing Taa Kawa Beer (Maori Indigenous Ale - made from Kawa Kawa leaves). Tasty.. OR a Foxton Fizz Soda.
You need to bring
- A sense of adventure
- Bathing suit and towel (towels available for hire at extra cost)
Rafters need to be 13 years or older, or 10-12 years old with the supervision of an adult, 1:1 ratio.
When completing your booking form please supply a contact phone number, along with a contact email address. If you have an international phone number or aren't non-contactable you must ring us (using the phone number supplied on your booking confirmation email) to confirm final trip details, 24 hours prior to trip time
Photos of your adventure are available for purchase at the end of the day