Experience New Zealand's most important historic location and journey back through time to the founding or our nation. The Waitangi Treaty Grounds is where Maori chiefs first signed their accord with the British Crown: the Treaty of Waitangi.
Visit this beautiful site overlooking the stunning Bay of Islands, learn how the treaty was hotly debated in 1840 and find out how that debate continues today.
A Day Pass to the Treaty Grounds gives you an all-inclusive experience of Waitangi, while enjoying panoramic views of the Bay.
Your Day Pass includes:
- Admission to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Entry to the brand new Museum of Waitangi
- The Waitangi - Birthplace of a Nation introductory film (22 minutes)
- An informative Guided Tour with one of our local guides
26 December to 28 February: Tours depart every 30 minutes between 10am and 4.30pm
1 March to 24 December: Tours depart every hour on the hour between 10am to 4pm
- A high-energy, entertaining Cultural Performance
26 December to 28 February: 11am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm & 3.30pm
1 March to 24 December: 11am, 1pm & 3pm
Please note: from 1 March to 3 April 2018 an additional performance will be available at 2pm
- Full access to New Zealand’s most historic site, featured icons, bush walks and spectacular Bay of Island’s views
* Please select your preferred time for the Guided Tour and Cultural Performance as you proceed to checkout*
Closed Christmas Day
On 6 February each year (Waitangi Day), Waitangi Treaty Grounds closes its buildings for the day and the grounds become the location of a free festival for the public to enjoy.
Location: Tau Henare Drive, Paihia
All prices for this activity are shown in NZD ($)
Copyright © 2018 Bookme Limited.