Grace said... Our pick up time was scheduled at 6:40am. We left our Airbnb in Wanaka at 4:30 in the morning to be there on time. We were there at 6:15 because we were advised to be there 20mins before that. We waited there out in the cold for 50 minutes until around 7:05 when a Go Orange personnel arrived and informed us that the road to Milford Sound was closed so they had to cancel. She was in a hurry because she said she needed to inform other joiners too. She did not mention any back up plan. A lot of us in the group have tight schedules and we felt like Go Orange could have endorsed us to another tour operator. Fortunately, there was another bus across the street who allowed us to join their tour to Milford Sound. The driver said roads were closed because of avalanche clean-up which if very common but they open at around mid-day. Upon checking my email, I found out that they sent the cancelation notice at around 8:00am which is already too late. If we did not find a bus who allowed us to hop on, we could not have gone to Milford Sound because we were scheduled to leave the day after.
We visited their office when we arrived from the tour to request for refund but the office was closed. Tried sending an email and still waiting for their reply. I hope the refund process is not as disappointing.